- The main responsibility of the Reservation Cell is to maintain Reservation Rosters for all the categories in the University both for direct recruitment and in promotions. Prelude to any recruitment notification/promotion, roster reservation points are to be obtained from the Reservation Cell by the Personal/ Establishment Branch.
- The cell monitors the backlog position and initiates measures for eliminating the backlog posts.
- Annual statistical returns pertaining to enrolment and recruitment of SC/ST/OBC, PWD in admissions, employment, allotment of Hostels, Residential quarters etc. are regularly maintained and submitted to UGC.
- The University is providing statistical information periodically and promptly on all aspects to MHRD, UGC, Parliamentary Committee on SC/ST/OBC Welfare, LokSabha, RajyaSabha and to National Commission for SCs/STs etc.
- The cell has been sending replies to Parliament questions and such other relevant information to the Parliamentary Committee on Welfare of the SCs/STs/OBCs, PWD and General from time to time.
- The cell provide guidance to various University Committees in respect of promoting/Recruitment, House allotment etc. on the latest rule position concerning SC/ST/OBC, PWD reservations.
- The cell, in the ultimate analysis, has been a user friendly Counsellor to all SC/ST/OBC, PWD employees and students.
- Report of implementation of the Reservation Policy of Govt. of India