Brief Profile of the Centre:
The Centre for Bamboo Cultivation & Resource Utilization was established in 2006 with the financial support from National Council of Rural Institutes, MHRD, Govt. of India and Tripura University. The aim of the programme is to run one year Post Graduate Diploma Course on Bamboo in the North East region and to motivate students for Self – Employment, as well as to develop essential infra – structure for R & D in Bamboo cultivation and germplasm conservation. Since then one year PG Diploma course of two semesters was successfully run by the faculty members of the Department of Botany along with the support of other faculties of the University and outside Institutions.
Year of Establishment:
Dr. Ajay Krishna Saha
Post Graduate Diploma in Bamboo Cultivation & Resource Utilization (1 Yr. Duration)
Syllabus for Various Courses Offered:
- BCRU diploma in BCRUWork :Download
Seminar/Conference/Workshop/Refresher/Orientations etc. Organized:
Address of Communication:
BCRU Centre, Academic Building – I Tripura University (A Central University) Suryamaninagar – 799022 Tripura (W)
- Chakraborti Saswati and Sinha Rabindra Kumar. 2009. Market potential of Muli [Melocanna baccifera (Roxb.) Kurz] bamboo shoots and its traditional recipes in Tripura. Vegetos. Vol. 22 (1): 23-32. ISSN: 0979-4078.
- Lodh Debasree, Sarkar Avijit, Majumdar Kaushik, Datta B. K. and Gupta A. K. 2010. Bamboo diversity in Sepahijla Wildlife Sanctuary, Tripura, India. Pleione, Vo. 4 No. 1: 113 – 117. ISSN: 0973-9467.
Biochemical and Tissue culture laboratory facilities are fully supported by the Department of Botany, T. U. Recently a new biochemical and tissue culture laboratory has been created in the ground floor of Academic building – I to support bamboo research and infrastructural developments under the DBT sponsored project programme.
Major equipments available (each over one lakh)
- Laminar Air Flow (Klenzaid make)
- High Precision Balance 3.UV – VIS Spectrophotometer (Perkin Elmer, Lambda 25)
- Bamboo Stick Polishing Machine
- Bamboo Knot Removing and Silver Making Machine
- Bamboo Cutting Machine 4.Bamboo impact splitting machine
- GIS Facilities:Workstation Computer System (GIS Specific) as a part of GIS Package and Softwares (Geomatica 10.3 Total Educational Suit Software) along with GPS.
A MoU has been signed between BCDI, Lechubagan, Tripura and Tripura University on 13th September, 2010 for upgrading academic, research and training activities in the field of bamboo
Present Faculty position
Guest Teachers :List of Guest Teachers / Visiting Teacher / Visiting Fellow:
|01.||Prof. S. Sinha||Deptt. of Botany, Tripura University|
|02.||Dr. R. K. Sinha||Deptt. of Botany, Tripura University|
|03.||Dr. B. K. Datta||Deptt. of Botany, Tripura University|
|04.||Dr. A. K. Saha||Deptt. of Botany, Tripura University|
|05.||Dr. S. Basu||Deptt. of Botany, Tripura University|
|06.||Mr. P. Das||Deptt. of Botany, Tripura University|
|07.||Dr. N Das (Pan)||Dept. of Geography and Disaster Management, Tripura University|
|08.||Dr. A. Kant||Bamboo and Cane Development Institute (BCDI), Govt. of India|
|01.||Satyaprasad Roy||BCRU, Tripura University|
|02.||Goutam Das||BCRU, Tripura University|