Brief Profile of the Centre:
The Bioinformatics Centre in Tripura University (a Central Uiversity) was established in the year 2008 with the financial support from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India under the Biotechnology Information System Network (BTISnet) programme. The primary objective of this facility is to promote biology teaching through bioinformatics (BTBI). It provides services to the host institute and other neighboring institutions. The centre is situated at the second floor of Academic Building II. The Centre facilitates the activities of teaching biology through applications of bioinformatics throughout the year.
- To support the teaching activities of Biology and its allied areas of the host institute in particular and the neighboring institutions in general.
- To organize Training/Workshop for familiarizing the application of Bioinformatics in Biology teaching and learning activities.
Year of Establishment:
Dr Surajit Basak, Assistant Professor & Head (I/C), Department of Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics.
The Bioinformatics Centre is fully equipped to conduct teaching/training programme. One studentship (current postgraduate students) and one Traineeship (after passing M.Sc) is admitted for every six month duration to get them trained in the field of Bioinformatics. The centre also extends its facility to the teachers, students, researchers of other departments like Botany, Human Physiology, Zoology, Forestry & Biodivesity, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, Microbiology for the purpose of teaching, dissertation and research work. . Besides this the centre is also conducting Seminars, Workshop with hand-on-training programmes time to time.
CONTACT US :
Bioinformatics Centre, Tripura University (a Central University), Suryamaninagar - 799 022
Desk phone : +91-381-2373787
Mobile : +91-9862924152
|SL No||Name||Designation||Specialization||Working Since||Status|
|1||Dr. Surajit Basak
Coordinator BIC, TU & Assistant Professor in Department of Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics
|Bioinformatics and genome sequence analysis||
|Dr. Abir Shib
Collaborative works / initiatives:
The Centre has started collaborative research work with Bose Institute, National Institute of Cholera & Enteric Diseases (NICED), Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), Calcutta University
- Dynamics in genome evolution of Vibrio cholerae.
Rachana Banerjee, Bhabatosh Das, G. Balakrish Nair, Surajit Basak*
Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2014 (accepted for publication).
- Haitian Variant tcpA in Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor strains of Kolkata, India.
Priyanka Ghosh, Arindam Naha, Surajit Basak, Santanu Ghosh, T. Ramamurthy, Hemanta Koley, Ranjan K. Nandy, Sumio Shinoda, Haruo Watanabe, Asish K. Mukhopadhyay* J Clin Microbiol. 2013 (accepted for publication).
J Clin Microbiol. 2013 (accepted for publication).
- Workshop on Applications of Bioinformatics to Genomic Data Analysis, 20-21 November, 2015
- Workshop On Fundamental Applications of Bioinformatics 27-28 March, 2015
- Workshop on “Fundamental Tools & Techniques in Bioinformatics” , 28-29 March, 2014
- Fundamental Bioinformatics & its Applications, 22nd Jan, 2014